Tuesday 6 April 2010

Why have leaders, can we not lead ourselves?

Why would I vote? Do I want a leader, or do I want a person to (negatively) control my life? If a leader, then presumably this is intended to assist me in some way? Having voted for a ruling party gives them (confers) no legitimacy over me.

If I do not want an assistant and do not want to be ruled, then what reason is there for me to vote? What reason is there for anyone to vote? Why does anyone (do we) vote? What is the point of elections? If to place a constraint on the ruling class, then why tolerate the ruling class to begin with, they should be removed from society, in gaol. The Government should be locked up.

Why do they ask for our vote? Why do we have a Government, formed this way? It's not my fault that the Government steals money, it is not my responsibility to constrain them, that should be for the police (free market?) or their own consciences. Why do the Government constrain themselves to the strictures of a Democratic vote?

Why doesn't the Government ignore the Democratic vote?

Why do we need leaders, do we not rule ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment